Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's Been A Long Road to Hoe


There comes a time in a person's life when family trumps all. When something horrible happens to someone you love it can be both shocking and devastating. Photography for me is purely a creative outlet. Any aspirations I have towards photography are only insofar as bettering my craft. As such, when faced with a devastating blow personally and the loss of one of the people I have loved more than any other in the course of my entire life all desire to photograph or blog about photography was sapped from me. In my mother's honor I did some coloring and work on this old picture of her and my aunts and uncle. I absolutely love this picture. I have a number of very old family photographs I'll be working to restore in the uncertain future. And it is my intention to share some of them here with you. Hope everyone is well. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment