Friday, April 3, 2009

Master Lighting Guide for Portrait Photographers, by Christopher Grey

ISBN-13: 978-1-58428-125-2
Amherst Media
Copyright 2004, Christopher Grey

If you're a portrait photgrapher looking for the crucible of books on lighting, your search stops here. I'm sorry if I'm sounding particularily melodramatic here, but this is my absolute favorite book on portrait lighting to date. Not only does Mr. Grey show you how he lights each of his shots, he shows you the evolution of his thought process to get there. Invaluable! Not only that, but he gives you insight into the history of each lighting style and technique and challenges you to master the basics and then move beyond. If you only look for one book to master portrait lighting, find this one. You won't be disappointed. My only con for this tome was the author's prompts to try each shoot myself. I didn't want to put the book down long enough to try! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment